A little about me
I am a mature female living in East Kent with my partner and am a parent. I know East Kent well, having lived here most of my life.
I am a fit, active people person, adaptable, good at multi-tasking, reliable, trustworthy, resourceful, positive, friendly and outgoing, independent, discreet, well travelled, organised, caring, considerate and non-judgemental.
I have an honours degree in Anthropology (2.1) from the University of Durham, a management qualification and ECDL Extra Level 2 (computer qualification).
I also have A level French and some knowledge of Spanish.
- Administrator for Counselling and Mental Health Service, Canterbury Christ Church University, 2.5 years
- International Liaison Officer/Administrator, International Office, Canterbury Christ Church University, 6 years (included independent overseas travel to Nigeria, Japan, India & Europe to recruit students, representing the university at Education Fairs, liaison with agents, interviewing students, reassuring parents etc)
- Administration roles for NHS (Paediatrics, Community Assessment and Rehabilitation Team) and for a charity supporting Carers
- Waitressing in hotel and tea shop, including running tea shop one day a week.
- Set up and ran parent and toddler group in village hall and pre school nursery group in primary school and cared for special needs pre schoolers for Social Services.
- Assisted with 'Children In Care in parents' private Family Unit Children's Home
- In 2014-15, volunteered for and lived with families and small businesses in Spain, France and UK. Roles included dog walking, food shopping, preparation and clearing up, English language conversation practice, wall paper stripping and staircase sanding, 2 days washing up crockery and cutlery for 150 people for a wedding, Head Chambermaid for one month for small hotel, waitressing, mucking out horses, cleaning and housework, chauffeur, painting and organising furniture for a rented property.
- Volunteered for part-time 3 months for Catching Lives, charity in Canterbury helping the homeless
- Assisted Mayor of Faversham with twinning events with twin town of Hazebrouck, helping with and interpreting for French official guests. Previous Coordinator of Twinning Organisation for village twinning.
- Mentor for young refugees for KRAN (Kent Refugee Action Network) for a year.
- Secretary for a community association for 5 years.
Useful Experience and Interests
- Experience renovating properties, labouring, painting, wallpaper stripping etc
- Experience owning and managing a property let to students and hosting international and British lodgers in own home for over 10 years
- Fast touch typist and years of experience in administration. Experience of doing presentations, report writing, team working, planning and organisation of work trips abroad etc
- Experience in understanding learning difficulties, eg dyslexia, ADHD, Aspergers, mental health issues
- Personal experience of life changes eg becoming a parent, divorce and separation, dating in later life, bereavement (close family)
- Interests include healthy living/eating, keeping fit, music, reading, walking, cycling, theatre, travel, eating out, socialising with and supporting family and friends.
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- Full clean driving licence and safe considerate driver of modern, spacious and comfortable car
- Public Liability Insurance to £1M